Co-Ed Outdoor Broomball League
Just south of downtown Minneapolis is a co-ed broomball league played Thursday nights on broomball-only outdoor rinks.
What are the rules for the co-ed league?
- Play is 6 on 6
- Three women and three men must be on the ice. You can have a female play goalie and still count toward the three women requirement
- Goalies are required to wear helmets with facemasks. All other players are not required to wear helmets, but it is strongly recommended. Helmets will be available for rent in the warming house.
- Broomball shoes, Sorel boots and tennis shoes are legal forms of footwear. While broomball shoes are not required, they are strongly recommended. Shoes with metal spikes or other forms of "doctored" footwear will be deemed illegal.
- Players must provide their own broomball sticks.
- Each team is required to provide one inflated stitched outdoor broomball for use during each game. Your team will be assessed a two goal penalty if a ball is not provided.
Why play broomball in Bloomington?
- Great location, just minutes south of downtown Minneapolis off 90th Street and France Avenue South.
- Games start the week of December 28 (weather permitting).
- We try to accommodate teams at all levels, whether you're just starting out, a team of high school buddies or grizzled veterans we try to put your team in a comparable division.
- USA Broomball certified officials are used
- USA Broomball rules are used. These rules are also used in the majority of tournaments offered in the co-ed division
- Your team is eligible to play in Minnesota Sports Federation Outdoor Broomball State Championships and Indoor State Broomball Championships
- We're a privately run league
- Your team is guaranteed seven games (weather permitting). This includes six weeks of league play plus playoffs.
- If you win the league, your team receives t-shirts.
- At the end of the season, we offer an online survey to league members. Tell us how we did and what we can improve upon.
If you still have questions about the Bloomington Broomball League, just use the button to the left to contact the league director.